Release Notes v0.11.0
Fluent Bit is a Fast and Lightweight Data Forwarder for Linux, BSD and OSX. We are proud to announce the availability of Fluent Bit v0.11.0.
This release is a major version, several new features have been added:
- Pack: new function to convert Msgpack to JSON
- Regex: new internal interface to provide regex support to the core and plugins.
- Hash: new hashing interface.
- Environment: Fluent Bit now is aware about environment variables and allow to set and use specific variables in configuration files.
- Thread: ucontext backend deprecated. Everything is handled by libco now.
- Logging fixed for master process.
- HTTP Client: map payload content in response.
- New option -R to load parsers file.
- A new Parsers interface have been added. From now plugins can take advante of built-in parsing support. Given a collected log/string, when applyng a parser rule it's possible to capture specific fields and convert the unstructure log to a structured one.
- The parsers are defined in a configuration file, the parsing can be based in a regular expression or mapping a direct JSON format. It also supports time format lookup.
Libraries / Dependencies
- Onigmo: new Regex engine.
- SQLite3 upgraded to v3.16.1.
- cJSON deprecated (finally).
- New Filtering plugin architecture.
- filter_kubernetes: new filter to enrich logs with Kubernetes metadata. It append POD and container info gathered locally from file names and from the API server.
- filter_grep: new grep filter. It supports regex and exclude modes.
- Refactored Golang interface for output plugins
- Fix initialization mode and make it more friendly for daemon mode.
- input plugins: msgpack buffers now are handled by Fluent Bit Core, input plugins uses new API to ingest data.
- in_tail: add support for parsing, new Parser configuration key.
- in_tail: add support to append file name to the tags when a wildcard is specified.
- in_tail: add support to append file name in the record map through path\key_ option.
- in_proc: new features to collect memory usage and count open file descriptors by process.
- in_mem: adjustments to generate info similar to free(1) command.
- in_disk: new plugin to gather disks metrics.
- in_forward: add support for PackedForward mode (used by Fluentd).
- out_flowcounter: support counters for different inputs.
- out_lib: support JSON output.
- out_file: new plugin to write records to the file system.
- out_es (Elasticsearch): new support for logstash format.
- out_es (Elasticsearch): add support for nested fields.
- out_es (Elasticsearch): fix buffering realloc logic.
- out_nats: enable by default.
- out_influxdb: fix buffering realloc logic.
We would like to thanks to the following people who have been involved doing coding, bug fixes, troubleshooting, reporting issues and general contributions on this release:
We want to hear about you, our community is growing and you can be part of it!, you can contact us at: